This is adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe.
My version is NOT Weight Watchers.
Also, this one reheats like a BOSS, so if you want to make extra and save it for lunches, it’s great that way.
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- 4ish slices of bacon (I’ve been known to use 6… or 8)
- 1 T butter
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 T flour
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup (or like a handful or so, I never measure cheese) shredded cheddar
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted water. If you don’t know how, read the directions on the box (no shame if you’ve never done it before!)
- While pasta is rollin’, cook the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. leave a little bit of the bacon drippings in the pan.
- Salt and pepper the chicken, then add butter. Cook the chicken in the glory that is bacon grease and butter. GET THAT CHICKEN DONE. We don’t mess around with raw chicken.
- Sprinkle the flour and ranch mix over the chicken. Try to stir it around until it’s mostly coated. Slowly stir in the milk and cook it, stirring occasionally, until it is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in the cheese and half of the bacon (crumbled). Stir and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Divide it up and add the rest of the bacon on top.