I love this. I make it all the time, it’s easy, and it consistently comes out delicious and not overdone (even though I almost always overcook chicken to try to avoid dying from raw chicken germs).
This can serve 4, and the recipe I’m sharing is for 4, but it can also easily be halved or doubled for whatever number of people you want to feed. I don’t think the chicken reheats particularly well though, so I wouldn’t recommend making a bunch to keep for leftovers.
- Chicken Breasts (4 little/regular ones or 2 monster ones if you’re like me and buy giant chicken breasts)
- 1 Envelope Italian Dressing mix
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- 1 Stick of Butter, melted
- Seasoning Salt, Pepper
- Season chicken lightly with seasoning salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking dish that you have lined with foil because WHO WANTS TO DO DISHES.
- Mix lime juice, dressing mix, and butter. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 1.25 hours or until tender (you may need to adjust based on the thickness of your chicken. I usually use giant breasts that I cut in half hamburger-style, so they’re not ridiculously thick and it gets done in about 1:15. Just live your life and be safe with chicken- don’t take any risks if you think it’s underdone!)
- Remove cover 15 minutes before serving and brown.