This is not a casserole. It’s the easiest thing I’ve ever made and it’s freaking delicious. As a child, I remember asking for this for my birthday dinner on multiple occasions because it is just GOOD.
Serves like 4? Probably more if you have sides.
- 2 boxes of Rice a Roni Wild Rice – I like this “Tuscan” one because apparently I’m very bourgeois, but their regular does a swell job too.
- 2 pounds of Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage
- Read the directions on the box of Rice a Roni (I know you can read; you’re reading this blog)
- Cook the sausage while you’re waiting on the rice to finish. Drain the fat, then when everything is done, mix it together and EAT IT ALL.
- If you want to be fancy, you can put fresh parmesan on top.