A freezer meal! This is so so easy and kind of weirdly fun to make. Also, I always imagine that peppers will freeze and thaw badly and the whole thing will be gross but that is SIMPLY NOT THE CASE. It’s deliciousness to effort ratio is just unfair.
- 16oz mini bell peppers (They come in a bag all together. Super easy.)
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 24oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 8oz grated mozzerella
- Cut tops off peppers and scoop out the seeds. The peppers are pretty small, so you get to pretend you’re a surgeon and feel very important while you do this. Maybe pretend you’re bossing nurses around. Say STAT a lot. Get into character!
- Stuff your now-empty peppers with sausage and throw them as carelessly as you want into a 9×13 pan.
- Pour the entire jar of spaghetti sauce over the stuffed peppers.
- Top with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F or until cheese is beginning to brown and sausage is cooked through.
Complete Steps 1-4. Cover dish and freeze for up to three months. Whenever you plan to eat it, thaw overnight in refrigerator and then bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F. If you like to live by the seat of your pants, you can even skip thawing and bake frozen for 60-90 minutes. You wild little butterfly, you.
Serve over pasta.
Don’t freeze pasta. It takes like 11 minutes to make. Just make the pasta day-of.