Freezer meals are the best. THE. BEST. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. I love this one because it’s easy to make and it’s not really any more work to make a ton of it and freeze multiple extra casseroles. I probably pulled these out of the freezer to make no less than 4 times in the early months as a mom. I try to keep SOMETHING in the freezer that can be pulled out in an emergency at all times. It’s a win-win-win.
*Warning though: I mix all this up in the biggest bowl I own and it still only barely fits. It’s a lot of food!
Makes 2 9×13 casseroles (one for now, one for the freezer!)
- 4 Cups of Cooked Rice (2 Cups of Uncooked Rice & 4 Cups of Water)
- 4 Cups of Cooked & Diced Chicken Breast
- 2 Cans of Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- 2 Big Broccoli Crowns
- 2 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- A Generous Dash of Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 4 Cups of Shredded Cheddar
- 1.5 Cups of Milk
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Steam the broccoli, cook the chicken, cook the rice.
- Combine the rice, chicken, broccoli, soup, onion powder, Lawry’s, cheese and milk in THE BIGGEST BOWL YOU HAVE. You might want to try mixing it in that giant stockpot I know you have.
- Salt and pepper to taste (depending on how generous you were with the Lawry’s, you may not even want to add salt here).
- Divide mixture into 2 9×13 casserole dishes. Freeze one and bake the other at 350 for 30 minutes!
- *If using the frozen casserole, move it to the fridge the night before you want to eat it to thaw. Once it’s thawed, just do the same thing you did with the first one (350 for 30 minutes).