- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 minced jalapenos (you decide if you want seeds or not, I don’t want that kind of power over your life)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 14.5 oz can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 ears of corn, kernels only
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- A small handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and jalapeno. Stir it up for about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, broth, bell pepper, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Salt and pepper that.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer covered for about 20 minutes (you want the quinoa to be cooked through).
- Remove from heat, stir in avocado, lime juice, and cilantro when ready to serve!
Note: If you like good things in life, you should add a can of beans. My husband does not like beans (I know, CLUTCH YOUR PEARLS.), but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them!