True story: My husband and I eat freshly baked cookies every single night. Why? Because life is worth living well. I highly recommend it.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of salted butter*, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- a dash of salt*
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- *(You can use unsalted butter and up the salt to 1½ tsp)
- Cream together the butter and the sugars.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Add the first cup of flour, then incorporate the baking soda and salt. Then add the rest of the flour one cup at a time.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls for cookies!
- Bake the cookies you want to eat NOW at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Put the rest of the dough balls in a parchment paper-lined tupperware and freeze them.
- The next night, when you start to crave cookies, pull out what you want and let them sit for 20 minutes before baking them.
- To soften the butter, I usually just put the two sticks in my mixer the day before I want to make the cookies or the morning of.
- To avoid a huge mess when adding the flour, I stir the dough together with a spatula just enough to moisten the flour with each cup I add before turning the mixer on.